|Group Leader Jan Wylie email@example.com|
Charo Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan Wylie: email@example.com
Rhona Wells: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tricia Davey: email@example.com
Val Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Butt: email@example.com
Meeting Venue Far end of Main Hall, Parador, Jávea
Meeting Day and Time Last Wednesday of the month 10:00 – 10:55
The Travel Team arrange a variety of one day trips and activities throughout the year, and longer excursions to more distant parts of Spain, with hotel accommodation.
The Travel Organisers are on hand to collect money and names for trips on the morning of the general meetings in the Parador Hotel. Please see the conditions for booking and payments below
Upcoming travel events
- 08:00 Bus departs Jávea bus station
- 09:40 Stop for 20 minute comfort break & coffee at Bar “El Encuentro” ...
The Travel Group
If you cannot attend the Parador you can contact any Travel Organiser via the website. ALL MEMBERS ARE WELCOME on our day excursions, trips, and special events. So also are your ideas for any future excursions.
We would like to remind everyone that we are not tour operators or certified travel guides, but volunteers!
As you would expect, we carry out a lot of research for the trips offered, frequently visiting places ourselves first in order to carry out “a reccie”. For this reason, on day trips the travel organiser and his/her partner does not pay for the travel element of a trip, but do pay for meals, guided tours etc.
On longer excursions to the different regions within Spain, the travel organiser pays 50% of the cost of the trip.
We are looking for more members to join us as Travel Organisers and help with organising trips. If you might be interested, please contact the Group Leader at the address above.
Methods of Booking and Payment for Travel Trips
- Each trip is documented on the WebSite and the date of the Initial Booking Session will be defined in the trip description. The Initial Booking Session will normally be at a specified General Meeting at the Parador, in which case emails received before the Initial Booking Session will be ignored until after the session.
- If you want to book on one the trips then you should come to the Parador General Meeting and speak to the appropriate Trip Organiser. There you can book your place (and if required, a place for your partner) and pay the required amount.
- If you come to the Travel Desk at the Initial Booking Session, you are also allowed to book and pay for up to a maximum of 2 other members but this is only possible once the current queue has been processed.
[Members will book and pay for themselves and then immediately join the back of the current queue to book and pay for 1 or 2 friends. This gives priority to those Members that are in the queue when booking starts.]
- Payment secures the booking.
- Once the Initial Booking Session at the General Meeting is over, you can send an email to the Trip Organiser to find out whether there are still places available.
Email communication with the Trip Organiser does not guarantee your place on the trip.
Your place is only secured once you have paid the required amount.
You can do this by
(a) attending the next General Meeting and paying then,
(b) paying by Bank Transfer (once paid, send an email to the Trip Organiser to confirm your payment),
(c) or getting a friend to pay for you at a subsequent General Meeting.
- For trips with a two-stage payment (i.e. a deposit then a final balance), if you fail to make the final balance payment on time then you may lose your place on the trip, as well as your deposit.
- Once a trip has been paid for, it cannot be cancelled nor can the cost be refunded. However, if the Member finds another person to take their place, or there is a waiting list, then a full refund can usually be arranged.
We prefer that you pay by Cash or by Bank Transfer. Cheques are not accepted.
Payment By Bank Transfer
Your can pay for your Travel Trip by Bank Transfer.
Each Trip has a unique Bank Transfer Code and you must use this code along with names and membership numbers of those being paid for as part of the Bank Transfer Reference. See Payment By Bank Transfer for details.
Once payment has been made, you should send an email to the Trip Organiser to confirm your payment, quoting your name(s), membership number(s) and the name of the trip.