PLEASE NOTE: ALL OF OUR TRIPS WILL BE LISTED UNDER THE TRAVEL EVENTS CALENDAR ON THE LEFT OF THE FRONT PAGE OF THE WEBSIDE – CLICK THE TRIP FOR MORE DETAILS
The Travel Team arrange a variety of day trips and throughout the year. We also arrange longer excursions to more distant parts of Spain, with relevant hotel accommodation, some with meals included.
Every month Communications send out an all members Newsletter which does include the very latest news on our trips and excursions. Please do read to ensure you do not miss out. Our trips are very popular and many sell out very quickly.
Below you will see the “terms & conditions” – any request to book a trip will mean that you have accepted and agreed to them.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Jávea U3A and the group leaders involved in organising trips and events are not liable in any respect for any loss or injury that may be suffered by members whilst participating in the Association’s activities.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that they have the appropriate health and travel insurance for their own needs, particularly those members who are UK resident.
- Insurance cover will be obtained for tours involving nights away from members’ Spanish residence – the cost will be obligatory for each trip and is dependent upon the number of people on the tour (the policy will be made available to members prior to booking and there is currently no age restriction).
- In the event of a travel agent/hotelier/restaurant becoming bankrupt, the Jávea U3A would not refund any losses that may be incurred and you therefore need to ensure that your own personal travel insurance provides cover for any such losses.
- Reservations are confirmed once the deposit (or full amount for day trips/events) has been paid. The deposit/further payments are non-refundable if you subsequently cancel your booking. You are advised to let the group leaders know as soon as possible, by email, as they may have a reserve list of other members wishing to participate in the event/trip, in which case a refund would be given.
- If no other members take over the reservation, a partial refund may be possible, dependent upon the notice given to the group leaders.
- In order to participate in any event/trip you must be current members of the Jávea U3A (membership is not transferable between the different U3As, whether in Spain or elsewhere).
- Some tours/events may not be suitable for members with mobility problems – if you are at all unsure about the walking or difficulty level of any tour, please discuss this with the group leaders prior to making a booking.
- Group leaders try to ensure that some places are available for “solo travellers”, but the availability of rooms is determined by the hotel/s involved.
- Members will be made aware of when and how to book any tour and of deposits required – please remember that confirmation of your reservation requires prompt payment of the deposit, preferably by bank transfer.
- Transfers received from a bank outside of Spain, the UK for example, may incur a charge which is the responsibility of the member concerned, not the Jávea U3A.
Payment are requested to be made by Bank Transfer – details below. When paying by bank transfer, please remember to include the bank reference code (given with the information about the event/trip) along with your name/s, and email a copy of the transfer document to the group leaders. Click here for full details of how to make a bank transfer to the Javea U3A.
Cash payments are being phased out, further details will be announced in due course.
All contact should be by email if at all possible. Mobile numbers are for emergency contact during trips.
|Group Leaders: To Be Advised email@example.com |
Meeting Venue: Far end of Sala Cabo la Nao, Parador Hotel, Jávea
Meeting Day and Time: Last Wednesday of the month 9.30 – 10:45
We request that you pay by Bank Transfer if possible – it does make it easier for everyone, and will also give us time to actually talk to members at meetings and not just take money – when they resume! Full details will always be displayed on the individual trips. This is even more relevant in these difficult times.
Meet the Travel Team
To email a member of the Travel Team, click on the name above or email firstname.lastname@example.org