|Group Leader: Dave Butt: email@example.com |
Jan Wylie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Venue: Far end of Sala Cabo la Nao, Parador Hotel, Jávea
Meeting Day and Time: Last Wednesday of the month 9.30 – 10:45
The Travel Team arrange a variety of one day trips and activities throughout the year, and longer excursions to more distant parts of Spain, with hotel accommodation.
The Travel Organisers are on hand to collect money and names for trips on the morning of the general meetings in the Parador Hotel. Please see the conditions for booking and payments below
Meet the Travel Team
Upcoming travel events
The Travel Group
TRAVEL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please note we are not travel agents or tour guides. We are just members of Javea U3A the same as you.
Most of your questions or queries will probably be answered by reading this information – it is there to help.
- The first people to give their names and pay will automatically be first on the list. When the trip is full, we will then start a waiting list.
- If you reserve a place by email, we will hold that reservation for 72 hours to enable payment to be made, if payment is not received within that time we cannot guarantee your place.
- No refunds will be given unless the Travel Group are able to sell your place on any given trip.
- If you do have to cancel, please contact the Trip Organiser who will contact people on the waiting list. It is NOT acceptable for you to substitute other people, especially non-members, changes must be carried out by the Trip Organiser.
- For all overnight and trips abroad, please ensure you have your passport with you.
- We do require an emergency contact name and number whenever possible.
- Please do not expect the Travel Team Organisers to return phone calls (except in an emergency). All contact should be by email if possible.
- The price charged covers all expenses incurred in the organisation of the trip, together with all necessary subsidies for the trip Leaders.
We ask that you pay by Cash or by Bank Transfer (preferable for the more costly trips).
Cash payments can be made at the U3A Javea monthly meetings.
You can pay for your Travel Trip by Bank Transfer. Please quote the name and date of the trip along with names and membership numbers of those being paid for as part of the Bank Transfer Reference. Click here for full details.
Once payment has been made, you should send an email to the Trip Organiser to confirm your payment, quoting your name(s), membership number(s) and the name of the trip. However, we do ask that you confirm places are available before making any payment.
Health and Safety
For the benefit of everyone on the trip, we ask members to consider the following basic Health and Safety factors before booking a trip.
We have drawn up these guidelines to ensure that you have a good trip and that other members enjoy their trip as well.
- All travellers are reminded that they are individually responsible for their own Travel Insurance and should ensure that they have enough Travel Insurance cover for all emergencies, including cancellations, illness and accidents. You will need to carry your insurance documents with you, together with your NIE and/or SIP card, and to produce these for trips when required.
- For some trips, you need to be capable of walking and standing unaided, and for sightseeing trips particularly, able to walk unaided for a period of time. Please discuss possible difficulties with the Travel Group leader before booking, if you think this may be applicable.
- If you are reliant on a wheelchair, you are asked to ensure you are accompanied by a friend/helper to assist during the trip.
- Where luggage is involved, you need to be capable of handling your own personal luggage or have a named friend/helper who has agreed to assist.
- For many trips you will need to be able to climb on and off a coach, train or plane, and to climb a short flight of stairs.
- Recognising that our members are in their “Third Age”, we acknowledge the need for a leisurely pace and occasional support from a partner or companion.
Insurance: Members are reminded that they are responsible for their own insurance. Javea U3A is not liable in any respect for any loss or injury that may be suffered by Members whilst participating in the Association’s activities.
Please note that, at times, it is necessary for the U3A to make deposits with travel agents for future trips, and whilst we do not anticipate any such problems, in the event of a travel agent or hotelier becoming bankrupt, Javea U3A would not be in a position to refund any losses that might occur.
We strongly recommend that you ensure that your own personal travel insurance provides cover for any such losses.