Meet the Travel Group Leader – Amanda Jordan
Contact Amanda by by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Travel Group leader arranges a variety of day trips throughout the year. We may also arrange longer excursions to more distant parts of Spain, with relevant hotel accommodation, some with meals included.
Click on the Title to find out more about dates and cost etc.
Trips are posted on the website as soon as they are arranged and an email is automatically sent to every U3A Javea member, we also include details in the monthly Newsletter if there are still places available.
Below you will see the “terms & conditions” – any request to book a trip will mean that you have read, accepted and agreed to them.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- In order to participate in any event/trip you must be current members of the U3A Jávea (membership is not transferable between the different U3As, whether in Spain or elsewhere).
- The U3A Jávea and the group leader involved in organising trips and events are not liable in any respect for any loss or injury that may be suffered by members whilst participating in the Association’s activities.
- Insurance cover will be obtained for tours involving nights away from members’ Spanish residence – the cost will be obligatory for each trip and is dependent upon the number of people on the tour (the policy will be made available to members prior to booking).
- In the event of a travel agent/hotelier/restaurant becoming bankrupt, the U3A Jávea will not refund any losses that may be incurred and we stronly recommend you have your own personal travel insurance cover for the trip concerned.
- Reservations are confirmed once the deposit (or full amount for day trips/events) has been paid.
- Cancellation – The deposit/further payments are non-refundable if you subsequently cancel your booking. You are advised to let the group leader know as soon as possible, by email, as they may have a reserve list of other members wishing to participate in the event/trip, in which case a refund will be given.
- If no other member(s) can take over the reservation, a partial refund may be possible, dependent upon the notice given to the group leader.
- Members with mobility problems – if you have any walking or other mobility issue, please discuss this with the group leader prior to making a booking. Wheelchair users must have a companion to assist them as the group leader or other group members will not be able to provide this.
- We try to ensure that some places are available for “solo travellers”, but the availability of rooms is determined by the hotel/s involved.
Payment are to be made by Bank Transfer – When paying by bank transfer, please remember to include the bank reference code (given with the information about the event/trip) along with your name/s, and email a copy of the transfer document to the group leaders. Click here for full details of how to make a bank transfer to the Javea U3A.