Job description applies to Webmaster and Deputies
The U3A Javea website represents the principal means of communication with its members and the local community.
The webmaster is a member of the U3A Jávea IT Team.
Tasks and duties
1.The webmaster researches and implements the system best suited to power the U3A website.
2. Under the authority of the Executive Committee, the webmaster designs and sets up the website. The webmaster selects the hosting service, purchases software and services required to implement the design and maintain the site.
3. The webmaster procures and maintains the domain name(s).
4. Provides email services connected with the website.
5. Designs, procures and maintains directly or through external contractors software required to support the Association.
6. Maintains the integrity of the website through appropriate security measures, software and regular backup procedures.
7. Trains users at all levels in the maintenance, operation, content creation and updating of the website.
8. Supports content creators in their tasks.
9. Advises the Committee on issues related to the CMS (Content Management System), IT systems and audiovisual equipment.
Skills and knowledge
Keeps up to date with IT and technological developments, to make sure that the website and U3A IT systems are up to date and functioning in an optimal manner.
Thorough knowledge of IT, web and audiovisual systems.
Good written communication, creating own content for the website and supervising the quality of content posted by others.
Capable of training users at various levels.
Good presentation skills.
Capable of dealing with multimedia content of all types.