Tasks and Duties
- Organise all General Meetings including the AGM ensuring that the venue is set out as required for each meeting.
- Attend the Executive Committee meeting at the Social Centre around the 20th of month on the Monday of the week before the monthly General Meeting which is held on the last Wednesday of each month (except January, July, August and December).
- Arrange the speaker programme for six of the monthly General Assembly meetings (currently held at the Parador) for the months of February, April, May, June, September and October.
- In conjunction with the Groups Leader organise the Open Day at the Monthly General meeting in January each year.
- At the monthly General meeting, arrive at the Parador around 9.30 am. Check room layouts, put out Executive Committee nameplates and suggestion box. Ensure equipment is set up as required for the speaker.
- Update the Discount Lists on the website as required.
- To deputise for the President in their absence.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good leadership skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of use of email and other basic IT skills.