Group Leader: Trevor Rush
Meeting Venue: La Cocina Restaurant, Jávea Port
Meeting Day and Time: 3rd Wednesday of the month 12:30 for 13:00 start
The Wine Appreciation Group meets on a monthly basis to discuss and taste wines of many types and from various regions. The group is for our enjoyment and fellowship while we taste some wine. There may also be occasional away-days to visit a region or a bodega.
This group is now full and a long waiting list is operational.
|29th. January||Eric Johnson|
|19th. February||Trevor Rush|
|18th. March||Steve from Leopoldo|
|15th. April||Geoff & Sherry Spinks|
|15th. July||Mac Poustchi|
|16th. September||David & Hilary Grove|
|21st. October||Peter & Lorraine Allin|
|18th. November||Duncan & Julie Robson|
|2nd. December||Christmas Lunch|
Bodega Trip June 2018 photos, to viewClick here
How the Group Operates
- The monthly meetings will normally be on the third Wednesday of each month at 12:30 for an 13:00 start.
- The cost of the meeting will be €20 each. Correct money would be appreciated!
- All members will be e-mail-ed during the second week of each month with the date of the next meeting and the menu selection.
- Please then send an e-mail reply with your confirmation of attendance and your choice of meal ASAP
- Replies will be confirmed and, if you haven’t had a confirmation within three days, your email has obviously been lost in the ether and you will need to phone the Group Leader on 96 579 3220.
- The Meeting
- Upon your arrival at the restaurant, you will be given a slip of paper with your name and menu choice on it.
- Raffle: Is now included
- Water and bread will be provided during the tasting.
- There will normally be a selection of four wines, one bottle per table at a time, and you will all be able to see the labels and read the notes on each bottle. This will enable you to easily identify wines that you may wish to purchase at a later date. Some extra information from the Internet or from the relevant Bodega owner may be available in order to expand a little on the background of the wines whilst tasting them.
- Our hosts Cliff and Laurie at La Cocina will provide us with a freshly produced main course of your choice at around 14:00. Should you require extra wine or drinks for the meal, please pay for it when ordering.
- Late Cancellations: Members who have booked but cannot make the meeting due to last minute problems on the day, should ring La Cocina on 96 579 5140. Please have details of your menu choices available in order that La Cocina can cancel your meal.